Thursday, February 17, 2011

Park Continued

So happy it has been incredible weather this week so Christian and I could get to the park so much this week!  We go in the mid-morning and then again after he gets up from his nap.  I must say the afternoon park visits are much more crowded and prove for interesting people watching.

I cannot believe how many parents do not pay attention and do not have a visual of their little kids.  I mean I saw 4-5 parents that were letting their 2-3yr olds run free and had no idea where they were. I had three kids ask me to help them on the jungle gym and/or be put on a swing....no parents in sight.  Not to be paranoid or over protective but I had Christian in my sights at all times which sure gave me some much needed exercise. 

We did have a minor incident that I did feel bad for but honestly was kind of funny.  We were on the swings and a 2 yr old boy wanted to swing too. He walked behind our swing and just missed getting hit by a second. I told him to look out and couldn't get behind our swing fast enough, but it was like one of those pendulum games where you try to dodge the arm, and he did!  He wanted me to put him in the swing next to us and I told him he had to ask his Mom or Dad first.  I didn't want to put him in a swing if his parents didn't want him to or have a parent get upset with me because I touched their kid, which I can understand.  Keep in mind that with all the snow melting this week, the areas under the swings were nothing but mud.  Everyone else was telling their kids they couldn't swing because of the mud. Well being the innovative and awesome parent that I am, I scooped up leaves and made a little pad of them over the mud so I could lift Christian in and out of the swing. So back to the little boy who wanted my help into the swing.  I told him  to ask his parents so he took off like a flash....right in front of our swing. I reached down to get him before Christian swung back and hit him but I was too late.  Down he went, ~splat~ full body, face plant in the mud. He looked up at me with accusing eyes and started to cry. He wasn't hurt and ran off to his Dad and I managed to hold my laughter until he walked away.  He had mud across his forehead, down his nose and across his chin, both arms had mud the entire length along with his chest and fronts of his legs. I am sorry, but it was such a funny sight! Then Christian says, "oh boo, boo" with this sympathetic look that made me laugh again. What kind of example am I that my 2 yr old son is sympathetic and I'm laughing.  Hey at least I didn't laugh so the kid could see or hear me, right???  So this wouldn't have happened had the parents been watching him and been in close proximity is my standpoint :)

If people would keep their dogs off the jungle gyms and not freak Christian out, who is terrified of dogs, then the days at the park would be perfect. It was fairly windy today and he enjoyed the simple act of throwing leaves up and watching them blow across the yard.  Such innocence and a joy to watch.
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...the dogs at the playground used to annoy the heck out of me...Maya was VERY terrified of dogs up to about one year ago. "Dog People" just don't understand what it's like to have a young child with that intense fear...it used to anger me to see them off leash, even, at the playground. Glad you are able to enjoy this time outside!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete