Monday, February 14, 2011

Daycare Test Run

Today we visited the daycare for an hour and half to get Christian accustomed to it.  He sat on my lap for the first 15 minutes or so, just taking it all in.  Then he got down to look through the toys a bit, but when someone would come near him, he jumped right back on my lap.  After about 40 minutes we was walking around, checking everything out and moving amongst the kids like it was no big deal but he kept looking to make sure I was still there. He held back a little, just watching them play, but it seemed like he wanted to join in but wasn't sure yet.  I feel good about the place and think he will do good there after he gets comfortable.  We go again on Wednesday, at a different time, so he can see what those activities at that time of day look like.  I want to see if we can go again on Friday, with me leaving for a little bit so he understands I will leave but I will come back.  I start back to work on Monday, so as much time as I can get him exposed to the daycare and try to ease him into it, the less stressful it will be for him I think.
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. definitely try to do the leave and come back thing if you can ... first day is likely to be hard, but he'll adjust quicker than you can imagine. Maya adjusted quite well and I sometimes think that it's because, frankly, being in a room full of kids/adults is something she was quite familiar with.

    Good luck!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete