Sunday, February 6, 2011

I LOVE YOU!!!

Yes he said it!  "I love you" to me for the first time tonight!!!! I was telling him that I loved him and said, "say I love you," and he did! Now this is HUGE to me because he doesn't typically repeat things when I ask him. He usually just looks at me and then will say whatever I wanted him to at some random time later.

We are also working on blowing kisses. He puts the palm of his hand to his mouth and that's as far as he's gotten for now.  But when I say, "blow kisses," he knows that means to put his hand up but just doesn't follow through yet.   He's just so darn cute when he does it :)

We spent the weekend at my family's. Christian is getting his back teeth in so he wasn't in the best of moods but still managed to have fun with his Aunts and cousins.  We practiced saying their names on the way home and of course he would only repeat me when he felt like it. But I was happy that when each person asked him to say their name, he did! Of course the more difficult names were cute versions but you could still tell who he was trying to say.  His cousins took him sledding too which he liked until his face got cold and then it was all over. 

He's still afraid of my sister's little dog and now the new puppy they have but he loves their two kittens.  I have determined it is the fast movement of the dogs he doesnt' like.  We have two cats and he is fine with them. But the other day, the cats where rough housing, annoyed with each other, and were flopping each other around pretty fast and Christian ran and jumped up on the sofa.  So it is the quick movements he's not sure about, not just the fact that they are dogs.  So with time he will get used to them and be fine, although we don't see the dogs on a regular basis but as he gets older, it will work out.

Did I mention that he said, "I love you," to me??   YAY!  :)
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment