Monday, February 14, 2011

First Day at the Park

It was beautiful weather today and I wanted to take Christian to the park.  We haven't been able to get outside and play since I brought him home.  We went after our first daycare test run visit to a park near our house. It has two big play units and some swings.   I took him up on a unit and he was terrified.  I got him calmed down and when I went to set him down, he clung to me and cried again. So I just held him and walked around on the platforms and up and down the stairs. After about 10 minutes, he would stand there and not cry but wouldn't move.  Another 2 yr old boy and his Mom came over and started to play.  Once the other little boy ran around a few times, off Christian goes after him!  After that, he ran all over but stayed away from the slides. I convinced him to sit on my lap to go down with me and I just prayed my butt would fit on the slide!  It did and he loved it. He pretty much knocked me out of the way to get up the stairs to go down the slide again, and again and again. He was laughing and was so excited as I snapped pictures and videos of him.

We made our way over to the swings, mainly because the other boy went there.  I put him in the child's seat and he fussed some, not sure if he liked it. I gave him a little push, his eyes got huge and he reached out for me. I did the "woooo, isn't this fun," thing and gave him another little push. Then he laughed and off we went. I must have pushed him in that swing for 20 minutes straight. I couldn't help it, he loved it so much.  So we went home for lunch and a nap and went back after nap time. There were more kids there so he was a little more timid, watching them as they ran around him.  Most of the kids were bigger than he was but there were two other little boys.  We ended up on the swing again for about 20 minutes and then I coaxed him back to the play units where he ran around and had a good time again.  It started getting cold so we had to leave and he cried and cried.  Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice again so I hope we can get to the park again. It is amazing to realize that he has never seen or tried so many things that we've been doing!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment