Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Back"

Ever since Christian started daycare, we have a little saying to help make him feel secure. Actually someone on the Russian Yahoo message boards said she did the same thing for her boy and it worked great, so I tried it too.  When I drop him at daycare and get him out of the car, I say to him, "Mommy will always, always, always come back."  Then inside, I give him a hug, tell him I love him and repeat our saying again.  He now repeats the "always" which is fantastic because he remembers. I wasn't sure if it was sinking in really but yesterday and today when I picked him up, he ran to me, jumped in my arms and said, "back!"  I say, "yes, Mommy always, always, always comes back."  YAY!  Another heart warming moment.

He has been having a difficult time transitioning and I am glad that at least he understands that I will always come back....at least I think he understands. I am changing my work schedule a little so I can have more time with him in the evenings. I think that will help him with the separation anxiety he is having.  Otherwise he is talking more and more and singing, or trying to sing, nursery rhymes, which is adorable.
Off to do dishes. Ugh.
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Yay Christian ... and good job mommy! :-)

    Michelle & Maya

    ReplyDelete