Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Haircut

Let me start off by saying that it really is a good haircut and I have been needing to get Christian's hair trimmed anyway, and it was "free".  However I was a little surprised to pick him up at daycare to find that one of the ladies cut his hair.  Yes, she cut his hair, without asking me, which I thought was a bit rude.  I mean what if I wanted his hair cut a certain way or just, whatever, you don't cut a child's hair without asking first, I say.  But like I said, it does look good and saved me a trip (possibly dramatic) to the salon.

Exhausted tonight!  I've always been a relatively sound sleeper and remember telling one of my sisters that I was worried I wouldn't hear Christian in the night. She said I will become a light sleeper, for some reason you just do. She was right!  I keep his door closed for safety and so he doesn't hear me get up in the mornings.  I can't get ready and be to work on time with him under my feet, so I get ready before I wake him up, we have breakfast together and some "us" time.  But even with his door closed, I can hear him pretty well and am not sleeping soundly, thus I am tired already and it's only just after 8:00 pm!  I was trying to cut back on my soda intake (it's the only caffeine I get) but I have to have a Diet Coke at lunch to jump start me again.
I'm sure after this week or next, my body will adjust, and I won't be so tired.....I better :)
~Amy

3 comments:

  1. Um, I'd be p*ssed if my kid's school cut their hair. It would also make me question their judgment and decision making a bit...if they thought that was a good idea, what else might they do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen on this one ... I know we all have to pick our battles, but I think I would mention this to the director. It's not just rude, it's very unprofessional and really not ok.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad it looks great, but wow that's just nuts.
    I've heard about becoming a light sleeper. It hasn't happened for me. I think the baby monitor would only wake me up if he was talking or crying but usually he just wakes up in the morning, climbs (silently) out of bed and starts looking at books.

    ReplyDelete