Sunday, March 20, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow, have we been busy this week!  Sadly, Christian has another ear infection, poor little guy.  We went to the doctor Thursday before noon, got antibiotics and gave them to him immediately.  After bathtime that night, I wanted to make sure no water got into his ear, so I took a Qtip and barely put it inside his ear and it came out bloody.  Yikes!  So after talking to my sister Cindy, to see what that meant and what I should do, I called the doctor's exchange. A nurse called me back 30 minutes later, asked a ton of questions and told me they probably scratched his ear canal when they put the probe in to see.  She said not too worry but keep an eye on it and if it continues to bleed or bleeds more, to call back immediately. It wasn't alot of blood, wasn't dripping out or anything, but there was obviously some oozing somewhere.  But after a few days nothing else happened so it turned out ok.  He started feeling better Saturday afternoon and we take the meds for 10 days.

Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit this weekend!  There was a huge family garage sale at a civic center nearby that we all went to. I was looking for some outdoor playground types of things and they had some....being carried out the door by other people who got there before us. Arg!  It started at 8:00 and we got there at 7:45, only to find out there were some "early bird" tickets from 7-8:00 that I didn't know about.  I did manage to buy a Little Tikes swing that you hang from a tree, two shirts, an alphabet electronic toy and two puzzles, all for $20.  I thought it was a pretty good deal, but I'm still on the lookout for yard toys. I got some great advice from my parents on some things I had to address with Christian. Of course they would have good advice, they raised six of us :) They left after church on Sunday, around 11:30, and Christian waved goodbye and blew them kisses from the door.  Then when he woke up after his nap, he ran straight into the living room, calling "Poppa, Ga'ma", stopped short and gave me a look that said, "were'd they go?"  It was so cute and sad at the same time.  He didn't cry or anything, just started playing.

Christian got his second haircut today and I ended up having to have him sit on my lap because he was so upset.  It looks good and make him look a little older. Every morning I tell him we have to brush his teeth and comb his hair and after his hair combing I tell him he looks handsome.  After bathtime tonight and drying his hair, I said, "all done," he looks up at me and says, 'handsome?"  Simply adorable!

We had a nice walk this afternoon in the stroller, got out and after some coaxing, ran around in the grass, and then stopped to play on a playground unit. Some kids are just plain brats, I'm sorry to be blunt, but really.  I was helping Christian climb up a ladder and a 8-9 yr old boy came up and said, "he can't climb on this, it's for big kids only," and I said, "that's for his mommy to decide." He gave me this snotty look, pushed between the ladder and Christian almost knocking him off and told me that he needed to get down, he was going first.  I gave him my firm adult look and told him that we were here first and he WILL wait his turn.  He ran off, the little shit and of course his Dad sat there, hearing the whole thing and didn't say a word.
We crossed a bridge and I let Christian out of the stroller to walk across. He would stop every now and then, press his little face between the bars and look out at the river for several minutes.  At times like those I wish I could read his mind and know what he was thinking.

Hopefully I can get into the doctor tomorrow for me, I have a sinus infection and need to get it knocked out.
Then we can both be healthy and enjoy the beautiful weather that is coming up so we can get outside and play :)
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. oh--you have been busy. I hope that you both feel better soon. It is so hard to be a good mommy when you are feeling crappy yourself. I also have a raging sinus infection--just got my second round of antibiotics and finally feel like I am rounding the corner after 10 days of being really sick. When I asked Hannah what she talked about in church school yesterday she said "I prayed for my Mama because she has a bad throat and she has a cough"--How sweet is that?
    Great you had such a good visit with your parents. It is so fun to see your child make connections with your family. I remember the first time I took Hannah to my Mom's house. I have two brothers that live close to my Mom so they were at her house all day with their families too. I put Hannah to bed when they were all still there and then when she woke up in the morning they weren't. She walked around the house first thing in the morning and said "uh-oh--gone" When I asked what she said "everybody". I remember thinking "how cute" too.
    I love reading your blog and Christian updates. He is doing so well and it brings back good memories for me.

    ReplyDelete