Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sounds, Painting and Dogs

Well we had a pretty loud thunderstorm earlier in the week and it scared the crud out of Christian!  (me too for that matter).  So we were awake about every 2 hours ~ugh~.  We met my sister, nephew and Dad for lunch on Friday.  They were in town (they live 2 hrs away) and had time for lunch.  It was nice, I want Christian to see them as much as possible and it was nice that I didn't have to drive the 2 hours this time :)
While we waited to meet them, we went to the park and watched the ducks in the pond.  He was fine and chattering about them but would freak out if I went to put him down. I don't know if he thought they were going to get him or what. Next time we'll take some bread to feed them, I think he'll like that.

We were doing some things in the basement and when the furnace kicked on, it really scared him. I mean, he screamed, started crying and ran for me.  Thinking back, I guess it does kind of make a scary sound when the gas burners fire up.

So Christian's fear of dogs is slowly getting better.  He can now get within about 15 feet of them before he freaks out.  We went for a stroller walk along a path where alot of people were walking their dogs.  The path is about 6 feet wide and he was ok when they would walk by.  I was SO glad that the dog owners did not let them come up to us, I'm sure that would have scarred him for life :)

I had high hopes to fingerpaint with Christian today, but it turned into a different type of painting that produced four beautiful paintings.  I showed him with my hand how to put paint on your fingers and run it across the paper.  He was timid, so in my eagerness (and stupidity) I decided to paint his palm so he could make a handprint.  Talk about scarring him, way to go Mom.  It was a huge crying failure....oops.  So we switched to a paint brush and he loved it!  I choose the color combinations but he did all the painting and they look great.  Of course I would say that.  They are sitting on the counter drying and will be hung tomorrow night.  He kept wanting to see them when they were drying. How cute is that.

Tomorrow starts the second full week of daycare.  It's hard not being with him, but it's nice to talk to adults at work and I know he loves being with other kids. Can't wait until the weather gets nice so we can get outside!!!  Have a nice week everyone.
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy -

    I would seriously consider finding another solution to your daycare. There are WAY too many red flags going on there. The fact that they lied to you about his hair, which you obviously know the truth. No child should ever cry to sit in a bath tub because of diaper rash. I have never even heard of such a thing, unless my child had been sick. And who gets a fat lip from falling on a plastic tub? It doesn't even make sense. He can't tell you what is going on, and he might like the other children, but that does not seem like a safe place to put the most important person in the world to you. I would start looking for another place ASAP. I know it is really, really difficult to find good childcare, but you know that Christian is not in the best of hands there. Sorry to seem judgemental, but I think you know the truth in your heart too. Best of luck -

    ReplyDelete