Thursday, March 3, 2011

Daycare Lip

So Christian has a fat bloody lip now.  You can imagine how pleased I am about that!  Not so much.
I pick him up tonight, he runs to me, I see the lip and turn to the worker and say, "ok what is this all about?"  She told me that he fell off his nap cot and hit his mouth on the rubbermaid container beside him that some toys are stored in.  I know it was an accident, but now along with cutting teeth, now he's having a tough time drinking and eating with his hurt lip.  Geez!

I asked the lady who said "I did their hair for them," if she cut his hair.  She quickly said, "oh no, I would never do a think like that without a parent's ok."  I want to believe her, and it seems so outrageous that someone would actually do that, but I also know what my son's hair looks like and how long it is as I struggle to tame it every morning. It IS shorter, but I said something so I'm going to drop it for now.

He has gotten a pretty sore bottom since he started daycare.  I am anal about changing his diaper as soon as he is dirty because I don't want him to have irritation because I know that hurts.  I'm sure I go through more diapers than I should, but he's not had a sore hiney....until now.  I mean it's so sore that he wouldn't sit down in the bathtub last night and just cried and cried. So this morning at drop off I told them to change him more often because he shouldn't have this bad of diaper rash.  Today it was better but I told them again that they need to change him more often.  He knows after he goes because he tells me, "I'm ka-ka," which is poopy in Russian.  I told them that is what he'll say and they confirmed he tells them that.  So in my mind, they should change the diaper.  I know they have schedules, but if their schedule is giving my child bad diaper rash to the point that he literally screams when I wipe his bottom changing him, then I feel that they should respect my request and change him more often. I mean it's not like they have alot of kids and not all of them are in diapers.

So our first week at daycare has been eventful, some good, some bad.  I hope we both adjust better, and quickly, and that things go more smooth with the daycare workers.
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. Ugh...I'm sorry you are having so many troubles with daycare. It's hard enough when things go smoothly! Hopefully they will be responsive to your requests. If not ... you can always call Cathy again!

    It was great to run into you tonight..unfortunately, I'm in class until 7pm and you all are long gone by then!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. For diaper rash, my pediatrician's office recommended Dr. Smith's diaper rash ointment. I found it at Target. It comes in a little container not a tube. A bit pricey, but well worth it - the rawest little bottom I ever saw was cleared up the next morning.

    Marita

    ReplyDelete