Sunday, January 30, 2011

Socializing

Lunch on Friday with my three girlfriends was great, but too short for me! I could have talked to them for hours more. Christian did really well, only got fussy the last 10 minutes or so, I was so proud of him.  He didn't go down for a nap and was a crazy man all afternoon, but it was worth it to visit with my friends.

Then Saturday, one of my lunch friends invited us to her house for a playdate with her son who is also 2 yrs old. Christian played nice, didn't fight over any toys and got to play with some fun new stuff.  I think both boys had a great time! It was interesting for me to see them side by side and observe Christian's size, motor skills and language. He seemed a little behind in the large motor skills but I expected that.  His language seems pretty far behind to me but due to the fact that he's only been hearing and trying to speak English for little over one month, he has picked up fast and I am sure he will keep moving forward at a fast pace. He was SO quiet there, he hardly spoke a word, which isn't him at home at all! Of course, the minute we got into the car, he chattered all the way home :)

Then Sunday afternoon we went to see a Sesame Street live performance which we got free tickets for.  He half watched the show, half played around the seats.  We ended up leaving about 20 minutes before the performance was over because by that time he was getting fussy and disrupting the others.  Plus the show was at 1:00 p.m. which is right at nap time, so that was apparantly an issue too.  So of course when we get home, he then doesn't want to go down for a nap and threw an exhausted tantrum. He finally slept for about an hour but at least it got him over the fussy hump :)

Not sure what sparked it, but he initiated multiple hugs the rest of the day and evening.  It was so special and melted my heart.  I am always hugging him, kissing on him and telling him I love him, but as is typical, he has just tolerated them in short duration. But today he started the hugs, they were long and alot throughout the day. I don't know why but I hope it continues! Maybe he is starting to move deeper into bonding, and if I dare say it, into the attachment phase.  Sending prayers :)
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment