Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years to everyone! I hope 2011 is filled with happiness, health and many blessings.

We had a fairly quiet New Year's Eve.  I went to show Christian off to my sister's friends for a little bit in the early evening and then stopped by a friend's house for about 20 minutes.  She has a little dog which Christian was afraid of, plus he didn't take a nap, so we didn't stay long so I could get him to bed. Then I curled up on the sofa, watched a couple of movies and was in bed by 11:45.  It was nice to have a quiet relaxing evening :)

We have the food issues tackled, he is eating good now and drinking milk! Nap time and bedtime are still 50/50 whether he goes down easy or not.  Bath time is still not good and now I have to put a medicated lotion on him before bed which he hates.  But it only lasts a few minutes so that's good for my ears :)

Tomorrow we will see how attending church will go. He did good at Christmas Eve mass and then the following Sunday mass was a little more complicated, but not too terrible.  So we'll see how well he does tomorrow but I am sitting in the back just in case I have to make a fast exit into the hall :)

Monday we get to stand in line at the social security office to apply for his card. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too busy but who knows. They wanted me to mail in the original Russian birth certificate and original adoption decree.  I will NOT be doing that, because if they lose them before they are returned, getting them replaced from Russia would be a nightmare.  Just hope we don't have to wait at the social security office too long.  Then I need to call my accountant to see what they need for my tax return.  Soon, I hope, the paperwork for Christian will slow down!  Being home and not on my normal schedule, I realized I hadn't paid my house payment. So we made a dash to the mailbox and hopefully they'll get it in time. Yes I know, everyone tells me I need to pay my bills online, but I'm just not there yet in terms of trusting the accessibility to my account.

Now to search the web for a table pad to put on my wood coffee table before Christian dings it up beyond repair :)
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment