Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spoke Too Soon

So I think I jinxed the bath time success by posting too soon. Yes, the last three nights bath time have been bad again.  Uuummm....not sure what's going on???  My childhood friend, Susan, came to visit for the weekend and we had a great time! She brought "bath crayons" that you can write on the tub wall with and then it just wipes right off. Christian played with them for a minute or so last night and again tonight, but other than that, he wanted out of that tub and he wanted out NOW! So hopefully we'll get back to the happy bath time soon.

Church was entertaining today.  The tissue like pages of the missal did not fair too well today (oops) and we left a trail of Cheerios behind on the floor. At one point (of course when it's quiet, not when a song is being sung) I feel a tap on my hand, look down and Christian whips up his shirt, and loudly states, "bellybutton" while pointing to said body part. Nice!  Well we have been practicing the names of our parts (nose, eye, ear, etc) and he was letting me know he knew that one too.  Cute but embarrassing.
Then later, when it was time to kneel, I see a movement beside me and he has knelt down too.  Yes, big "aw" here. My heart melted, he was so adorable.  He only stayed there for about 15 seconds, but it was still a heart moment for Momma.

He is saying alot more words lately which I am thrilled about. His newest thing is to turn the light switches on and off.  I was letting him help me at first and now he just wants me to pick him up and run around the house flipping switches. So I got him to stop that and just when the light NEEDS to be on or off, I pick him up and let him do the honors.

One of the cats got nailed with a cat toy this morning. Of course it had to be Zoey, the "only my cat" ( interpreted to mean that she only likes me and bats and bites anyone else).  Christian and Zoey have been getting along great this past month, and when Zoey starts batting at him (which HE thinks is a game) I recognize the slanted back ears to mean a bite is coming soon and I shoo her off.  Well she was innocently minding her own business, napping on the sofa, when Christian picks up a cat toy, lauches at her and nails her in the side pretty hard.  I made sure he didn't go over there and Zoey just ran off.  Poor kitty! On a positive note, it was a good throw on Christian's part, maybe baseball is in his future :)

~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's a mystery, usually once they have fun, they don't mind it anymore. Well, it is hard to say what memories bath time bring for him. We were not there, and we'll really never know what their little lives consisted of. I know our IA doctor said at best, life in a Russian baby home is what we would call neglect, at its worst - abuse. So, it may take a little while for his heart, soul, and mind to all feel secure. Love the new pictures!!!! And loved the church story! :)

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete