Wednesday, December 29, 2010

First Doctor's Appointment

Christian had his first doctor's appointment this morning, and yes, he screamed the whole time. I am amazed that the doctor can hear anything viable through his stethascope when the kids is screaming.  He said that Christian is a good size coming from an orphanage and appears to be in general good health. He gave me some tips on how to get my liquids down him and how much he really needs.

He wants to check his poop to test for any parasites. So lucky me gets to scoop poop into three tiny vials and get them back to the doctor.  He is eating a bit better and actually inhaled the spinach and cheese raviolis I gave him today for lunch!  Of course the insurance company messed up my paperwork in adding him as a dependent. Now I will have to deal with getting reimbursements, which is such a pain in the butt. I called and of course was put on hold. They said my hold time would be around 10 minutes! Yeah, like I'm going to stay on hold, long distance, for 10 minutes, when it probably would be longer. So I left a message and also emailed them.  Ugh......

He is pretty much ignoring the cats, except to lean down for a little pet on the head, if allowed, and moves on.  The cats are getting used to him and when he is crying, they just look curiously then wander into my bedroom to lounge on my bed. They reappear to sit with me on the sofa when the coast is clear....when Christian goes to bed :)

Christian is down for a nap.  Now nap time for Mommy too!
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with the poop vials.I was the lucky one that had to do it since my husband was at work. I just couldn't take it anymore had to wear a mask..the tests for our daughter came out negative so we were very happy..Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Good luck with those poop vials. Good times!

    ReplyDelete