Tuesday, November 30, 2010

PASSED COURT!!!!!

Whew!  I passed court today.  YAY!!!!!
My hearing was on Monday, in the morning and it lasted 2 1/2 hours!  They grilled me about being a single mom, my support system, finances, how much time I can be off of work, etc.  I had to stand the whole time and my body was so tense.  I kept locking my knees to keep them from shaking and then remembered from high school marching band, not to lock your knees because it could make you pass out.  That's all I would need, is to pass out in court and then I would be considered unhealthy and not fit.  So I just kept shifting from one foot to the other to keep my legs from shaking. Then I was standing so tense, after it was the social worker's turn to talk and I sat down, my back was killing me.

Then we ended up with a postponement after all that, because the local social worker didn't have all the paperwork she was supposed to have. So we all headed out in different directions to get papers completed, notarized and delivered.  The back we went this afternoon for another 40 minutes.  The social worker got chewed out by the judge and prosecutor (so glad it wasn't me!).  But in the end, they awarded him to ME!  I felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders, I tell you what.  I just wish I didn't have the 10 day waiting period so I can get him home.

I didn't sleep last night but I am so exhausted that I'm sure I'll sleep tonight.  I have some interesting tales from that last couple of days but am too tired to post them. I will in the next couple of days.
Thank you all for all the prayers, I know they helped make today happen!
Soon Christian Ruslan Roth will be home with his 'Momma'  :)
~Amy

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous news!!! So so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are VERY strong! What a Mom!! Congratulations to you and Christian. Can't wait to see you. -- Chris Portell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new status of..Momma!!! Sooo glad to hear this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What endurance! Enjoying your posts. Many congratulations. --Shauntelle L

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOOOOOO TOTAL HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hugs,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo happy for you!! I was a bit worried when I didn't see a post right away. Glad that step is OVER and you are sooooooo close to holding your son FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting closer! Congratulations on getting through court.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Im sure it was tough, but you did it! One step closer to your goal. :)

    ReplyDelete