Sunday, November 28, 2010

Orphanage Visit #4

Bbrrrrr....it's flippin' cold today!!!
Today was day #4 visit with Christian and my last for this trip.  We had another good day with it's ups and downs.  He came to me after a 3 second hesitation this time, YAY! We did the usual in the little office are again: music box, read the book, toy blocks, checked ourselves out in the mirror ;)  He got a big kick out of "riding around" in the office chair. Yes I was safe :)  We could only spin around so many times because I was getting sick.  The first two days he did not respond to tickling and I thought either he just isn't ticklish or has some sort of sensory issue.  Yes I have been reading all those adoption books and am looking for things and need to stop, you don't have to tell me to relax.  But today he responded to the chin tickle. I prompted each time with a sort of long sound and then would go in for the tickle. After a few times of this, I hesitated and he made the same sound so I went in the for tickle. He picks up things fast and of course I think he is the smartest kid ever :)

The language is going to be tricky I think.  I know a few basic Russian words but don't want to keep using those because I want him to learn the English word. So I say the Russian word followed by the English word so he connects the two. I was pointing out the cats and dogs in the book I brought and he kept calling everything a dog in Russian.  On this last day he said the English word "dog", or at least it sounded like dog.  I'm going with, he said dog :)

I am running the questions through my head they said would be asked of me in court and rehearsing my answers so I sound confident and intelligent.  They did warn me that they may be tougher on me because I am single.  So I just pray I say the right things and that they are translated correctly, that is always an issue too. I am very happy to say they will be using "my Natasha", that I have had all my trips, as the translator in court!  That gives me some sense of ease, that I will know someone in the room.  I will post as soon as I can, with hopefully good news, that I passed court.  In the meantime, off the practice my answers, eat some chocolate and plan my packing list for the next trip to bring home my two year old son.  (I love the sound of that, "son"!)
~Amy

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Amy! I'll be saying an extra prayer for you and Christian today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, everything will go well, I am sure of this.
    I'll be praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep hoping to hear good news. Being a single mom I'm thinking they were probably tough on you, but hope it at all went well in the end! Post when you can.

    ReplyDelete