Thursday, August 12, 2010

Travel Arrangements Made

They're all done!  After stupidly thinking I could arrange the flights myself, I gave in and called a travel agency.  I did book a flight with my frequent flyer miles to get my as far over there as I could and had the travel agency get me the rest of the way to Kaliningrad via Moscow.  So I saved $600 but still had to spend $1380 on flights which kind of stinks.  I lay over one night in Frankfurt and used my Hilton stay points for a free night!  I tried that too for the night on Moscow but the hotel was booked. I'm going to keep checking back though in case there's a cancellation.

I've started on my court documents already and want to have most of them complete before I leave, if possible. I still have alot to do for the trip so I may not get as much of the documents done as I want but I'm going to try.  I made the doctor's appointments for the second day after I return home because it usually takes weeks to get on their calendar. The faster I get my court documents done and sent to Russia, the sooner I"m assigned a court date.  Then back I would go for court, the 10 day mandatory waiting period and then home with my little angel, God willing.

Then I get an email earlier this evening that the government is cautioning people from traveling to Russia because of the forest fires.  So tomorrow I'll contact my agency rep to see what they think. I will only be laying over in the airport on my way to Kaliningrad which is a 2 hour flight west of Moscow, no where even remotely near the fires. Then on the way back, I do stay one night in Moscow.  However, on the Russian Yahoo message boards that I am a member of, read daily, and get amazing advice and support, there are families over there now and they seem to be handling it in Moscow.  So I'll see what my rep says but I really want to continue to travel and am pretty sure I will.

So keep the well wishes and prayers coming, I truly appreciate them more than words can say :)
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading for awhile now. So great to hear you are headed over to Russia soon. I hope that this child is the "one" for you. We were just in Moscow for a short time on our way out to Kemerovo. There was not as much press about the fires when we left so we were kind of unprepared a mask would be a great idea. The funniest thing was waiting at the SVO airport to go home. It was so smoky outside the smoke was slowly seeping into the airport yet people were still standing around those community ashtrays smoking. Ha! Anyway, enjoy the trip. I hope it all works out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info on the fingerprints and definitely still praying for you daily! Can't wait for good news once you get to meet him. I just spoke to my Russian friends this morning and things in Moscow are brutal with the smoke but as long as the airport remains open, you can cope. Eek on the flight prices... I'm really in trouble with my demands to fly first class. :( Best of luck with the court docs!

    ReplyDelete