Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Freaked Out and Pondering

So my adoption agency rep completely freaked me out today!  She gave me the list of court documents to get started on them.  So today she sends an email asking what I've got done and depending on the time, I'll have to hand deliver some.  I looked at the checklist again and it said I had to have ALL the documents before my first trip!!!  WHAT?!?!?  I frantically call her AND email her because there is no possible way I can get my doctor's appointment/evaluation done before I leave. Then I got freaked out because if I need all this and don't have it, I'll have to cancel my trip and lose that money.  Oh yeah, I am under alot of stress :)  She emailed me back and said the checklist shouldn't say "before your first trip" and that whatever I can get done before I go on Friday to better off I'll be when I get back.  Whew!  Talk about me overracting, I was having heart palpatations I swear :)

I laid out everything on the bed to put in my checked bag and it makes me ponder.  I don't have near the amount of stuff I had on my first trip so that begs two questions: 1. what am I missing or; 2. did I just overpack that much the first time.  uuummmmm......it's just plain obvious that I need to keep my snacks in my carry-on, heaven forbid I lose that! :)  I am trying to lighten my carry-on bag load but I just seem to "need" everything I have in there.  My sister lost her bag on the way over when she went with me and of course they found it two weeks after we got back to the U.S.  So I am paranoid I'll lose my checked bag so I'm overloading my carry-on bag. But it's just plain too much so I'll have to taper down and hope for the best.

Here's to getting some sleep tonight....hopefully.
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I only took two carry on bags and most of the stuff was donations to the baby house. It's summer so you don't need many bulky clothes. We always say...there are two kinds of bags, carry on and lost. However, the Russian's think differently. We were on Siberian air and there was so much overhead space. Russian check everything even small little purse sized bags.
    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete