Friday, August 20, 2010

Running and Packing

I spent alot of this week running around getting my court documents prepared, notarized and apostilled.  I wanted to get as much done as possible so I can submit it fast and hopefully get a fast court date.  I messed up the dates on some of my documents so I had to do them twice....ugh!  At least I've hit the threshold dollar amount and don't have to pay for anything else when I get it apostilled.  I'm am having a hard time getting anyone to provide my Statement of Residence.  It's simple letter with basic information about my house: address, square footage, year it was built, how many rooms and what are the room sizes. I have it all complete, I just need a bank, real estate company, lender or title company to confirm the information, print it off on their letterhead, sign and notarize. I've contacted all of the above with the exception of my realtor, because they're out of business, and no one wants to provide the letter. Not sure what I'm going to do.  I'm going to call my adoption rep to see if anyone else has run into this issue and what they did to solve it.

Packing is all done except for my laptop :)  I leave for the airport in three hours!!! I am getting nervous to travel over there by myself. I know I'll be alright, it would just be nice to have someone share this with me but the money just wasn't there to take someone with me this time.

I'll try to post while I am there to keep you updated on my progress.  Wish me luck and send prayers please :)
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment