Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Going to Russia!

YAY!!!!  I decided yesterday to accept to travel and meet my little boy referral!  As you know, I have been agonizing over some medical tests I was waiting on answers for.  Well I got them and the three doctors I had look at them say they look good.  There is always a chance for something else, but I have asked and gotten as much information as absolutely possible. I got the final doctor evaluation on Monday and let my rep know Tuesday morning that I want to travel.  She tells me that they want me there fast so I leave pretty soon - due to security I don't want to annouce the exact dates :)

Now I am rushing around getting my visa and travel arrangements made.  After that I will tackle the list of what to pack. I did learn from the first trip what I took but didn't need so that's good.  He is 16 mo. old already!  If I accept him, then I'll return home to more paperwork, wait 2-4 months for a court date and then return to the 10 day mandatory waiting period and bring him home!
I am SO excited but also a nervous wreck!  I pray he is the one because I am out of money and more than likely won't be able to continue the adoption if I don't come home with an acceptance.  So everyone send me your prayers please!!!
~Amy

6 comments:

  1. I hope everything will workout for you!!!! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy this all worked out!!! I hope everything goes great in Russia! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! :) Lots of prayers here as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip, take lot's of photos. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!! Praying for a fabulous outcome with this trip!! :o)
    -JennStar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy this is AMAZING news!!! I'm so excited for you, congrats on the good IA Dr reports! Keep us posted, thinking of you, wishing you smooth travels.
    cheers, deb

    ReplyDelete