Monday, August 23, 2010

Frankfurt Stop

Well I won't be able to email every day like I'd hoped because the hotel I'm staying in this time makes you pay for internet and it's timed! Boy it's amazing how spoiled you get about some things. So that means my emails will be less frequent but longer...YAY! I'll try not to be too wordy but that's hard for me :)


Spent the night in Frankfurt on my way over and it was beautiful! Stayed in a historical part of town; beautiful buildings, "farmer's market" happening in the "platz" square by the catherdral, children playing in the fountains, I felt like I was in a movie. I walked around, took lots of photos as I made my way to the Rheine River. The streets were winding like Venice and I lost my map and finally found someone who spoke a little English. The blue street signs run parallel with the river while the red ones run toward the river. Got it, off I go. I found the river and sat on the steps that lead down into it and did some people watching and river watching, just chillin' and relaxing. Bought some "German ice cream" from a street cart on the river (it had a long line of people so I figured it was safe to eat). It was wonderful and I wandered (literally because as this point I am still theoretically lost) back to the hotel, eating my ice cream while the sun was going down. Like I said, a movie.

I visited the Old Cathedral, that was being renovated, the same one I attended Sunday mass at. As all those old churches are in Europe, it was breathtaking and had such a prescence. Yes I took alot of photos! I made a MAD RUSH to the airport the next morning. I took a taxi to the hotel only to find out after the money conversion that I spent $71...ouch! So I took the train back to the airport for $14...much better. However, the train was late so I was running which wasn't pretty. But I made my flight and it all ended up working out.
Your continued prayers are appreciated and still needed :)
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked Germany. However, the river in Frankfurt is the Main river, not the Rhine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete