Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Antics

Our first Christmas with the family went great!  Christian had a great time and got used to everyone fairly quickly I think. We stayed with my sister Beth and her family which worked great for me. She had a crib we could use, toys and two kids that played with Christian. Her husband Bob played with Christian and took him on his first snow sled ride, which he loved!  Beth and Bob helped me a great deal with parenting advice and when Christian had a fit, would give me ideas on how to handle him.  Right now I am figuring out when he is scared as opposed to being a typicaly 2 yr old and having a tantrum.  After the first day and half, he figured out most of the rules and did great after that, with only a few slip ups, which I think is great.

He did very well at Christmas Eve mass and LOVED the music.  He did a great job of opening his Christmas presents, one little piece of wrapping paper at a time, handing me each piece.  The opening took a little time, but he was so cute to watch. My nephew and fiance gave him a helicopter that has music and learning singing things, that he is totally attached to.  We got him to say "kitty" and "doggy" so far, both of which he is scared of. He finally let my two cats get close to him, as long as they were sitting still. The minute they moved, he would get scared again.  They will get used to each other quickly I'm sure.

We're headed back to my house tomorrow so we can continue to get comfortable and familiar in our house.  I'm sure the first night back at bedtime will be another adjustment. His food adjustment is coming along but the drinks are still a challenge.  Someone suggested soymilk, so I'm going to try that.  Someone also said their child was given tea, so when they came home, he was suffering from caffeine withdrawal.....never thought of that.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment