Thursday, December 16, 2010

1st Full Day in Moscow

HOLY SHIT!  Yes "shit" is the topic for this blog entry. If you are offended, then read no further.
Obviously what I am feeding Christian is playing havoc with his system. He has had so many poopy diapers I have lost count. Of course wise Aunt Cindy, with two kids of her own, has valuable insight for what to do and how to do it.

Eating is not going well. At the orphanage he eats whatever they put in front of him, but not so much with me.  It will take some getting used to "our" food and then I'm sure he'll pick up where he left off, eating large amounts of food. It is so cute when it's time to eat. He sees me bring out the bib, he clutches his chubby little hands together, presses them into his stomach and squeals with laughter, followed by a few little hops before he quickly scambles up into the chair for his food.  Just adorable.

At first the poopy diapers weren't bad to change.  We just kept on as we smelled the evidence, and BOY could you smell it!  We attempted a potty try on the toilet which resulted in meltdown number 3, so we abandoned that mission and moved on.  I kept smelling poop for a few hours after one particular messy change, to realize I had some on my jeans.  Into the wash pile they went. After lunch and the afternoon nap today, I decided I needed to tackle the first bath. He hadn't had a bath in awhile and really needed one.

This caused the mass hysteria meltdown number 4, I do mean hysteria. He is absolutely terrifed of water! We tried to put toys in the tub with him but he just gripped onto the sides for dear life, shaking and screaming, as I washed him as fast as humanly possible while getting all the grime.  I then shampooed his hair which raised the volume level on the hysteria.  But we knocked it all out quickly with Aunt Cindy lending a hand so he didn't slip down into the water.  He was swiftly airlifted out of the evil bathtub into a warm towel and quickly dried off. He was still trembling and crying when I took him in to get a diaper on and clothes on.  We wrestled into the clothes and then I had to change because I was soaking wet.

Not 30 minutes after the Bathtub Battle of Dec 16th, 2010, a day that will live in infamy, did he POOP HUGE AGAIN!!!  I ask you, how much poop can one small 2 yr old boy hold???  For some reason he decided to freak out with this diaper change, when all the others had been cooperative and peaceful. He decided to help Mommy change his diaper. Yes you know before you read on, that this is not going to go well.  I had gotten the one side of the diaper undo, only to have him rip the other side off, flinging the diaper around, where a large dollop of shit fell on the floor. Now, due to the fact the we was throwing a fit at this time, his head was raised up but he put it down, yes in the poop dollop.  You just sighed didn't you....I did too.  So off the clothes come, back into the bathroom, to stick his head under the faucet for a lighting speed shampoo while Cindy held the screaming banshee under her arms.  After that, we were ALL ready for a nap.....one that thankfully lasted 3 hours. The fun has just begun.....

Then he'll squeal with laughter and I forget about the shit....until the next diaper of course :)
~Amy

3 comments:

  1. Sounds horrible for him. Don't give him any food with oil or grease in it. Baby veggies will cause all that too. Just turkey and bread. No butter. Bananas will help too. Where are the pictures of you and he together? We need pictures!!! I feel so sorry for him, hope he feels better soon.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it sounds "horrible" for him at all. Anyone who has had children has had this same experience at one point or another. You're doing great Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I don't think Victoria meant to judge Amy. Of course she's doing great. But it's got to be scary for him to be having stomach issues, in a new place, with new people, encountering something that's obviously very scary for him.

    ReplyDelete