Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home - Day 3

Well I think we are getting into some common territory.  Yesterday was a parade of meltdowns - didn't want to eat, didn't want his diaper changed, didn't want to get out of the crib, didn't want to stay in the crib, on and on and on.  He didn't drink or eat much on Sunday and yesterday he only ate some applesauce and wouldn't drink anything.  I was so worried that he would get dehydrated but people assured me the he would be fine.

So today was a much better day. He ate very well and drank up until dinner time and that was a small battle.  But we weathered the storm.  We had fun today, played, read books, danced to music, and had a short walk outside.  Christian is slowly adjusting to his new surroundings and we are working on the new food types.  He is understanding what I say in English but not saying too much yet. He babbles in his "baby talk" and just gives me a blank look when I try to get him to repeat something I want him to say. The look on his face is so funny!

At 28 mo. old, I guessed he would wear 2T clothes. I took some clothes on my court trip, held them up to him and they looked to be the correct size. However, they are entirely too big.  The shirts I can get by with but the pants won't stay up. So we made a quick trip to Walmart to get some different pants. Ends up, he wears a 18 mo. pant size.  He did really good in Walmart, just sat in the cart, looked around and took it all in. He got accustomed to his surroundings because he started pulling everything off the racks that he could reach. I would put them back and then he thought it was a game and you can imagine how that progressed.  He then let out a loud squeal of excitement, I shushed him, then it was a game. The more we went through the motions, the more both of us laughed and he kept on. His squeal sounds like he's mad so people were looking at us disgusted until they saw we were laughing and then they would smile and chuckle at us. It was funny but we were disrupting people so we had to get out of there.

Well tomorrow morning is bath time, which hasn't gone well in the past, so we'll see what happens in the morning.  I take naps when he does, which works out great, until I get back on our time zone. That 9 hour difference really knocked me off my feet. So here's to having all the meals times go smoothly tomorrow :)
~Amy

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy these precious days, Amy! I remember them well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love hearing about your days!
    you are a great, caring mommy... he's adorable!
    your experience is soooo inspiring...
    hugs,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we blogger people going to be able to see pictures? We have read and kept up with your daily happenings, and we would so love to see pics! Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, what a precious little boy. Im assuming the pictures on the right are his :)
    He gets to spend a first Christmas at home, int he arms of his loving mommy. That's such an awesome thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie pie he is! I love his hair. Congratulations again.....there is nothing like being HOME after such a LONG hard journey. I know you both will enjoy Christmas this year.

    I found helping Anna play with her both toys while standing outside the tub got her interested enough to want to step in to play and enjoy her bath. I can only imagine how traumatic "bath" time was for these kids as they are so terrified of it at first.

    Keep the pictures and updates coming! Our kids are just about weeks apart :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Amy!!! He is so cute. Like the other reader, his hair looks like he is a male model... maybe in his future?! He is just so perfect! I can see why you just sit and watch him sleep, he looks like a little angel. Enjoy your first Christmas together - as a family. :)

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete