Saturday, October 30, 2010

Loan Denied

The bank denied my home equity loan request yesterday morning.  Freaked out, cried, emailed my friend Susan, then called the bank to see what other options I have.  They don't allow borrowing against your 401k so the only other option I had was a personal loan with a limited available amount, for five years, with an insane interest rate.  But I had to do it because I have absolutely no other choice.  So now I just have to figure out how I'm going to make that loan's monthly payment until I get my tax return back.  Then my wonderful friend Susan called me with a great idea!  She surfed the web and found you can get personal loans from Capital One (thanks Susan!!!!) so I looked into that. I submitted my application online, was approved, but have to talk to a rep on Monday to get the details to see if it's a good deal and then maybe can finalize. Keep your fingers crossed!  This whole money aspect is so stressful I cannot even describe it.  People say, "oh it will be worth it in the end."  Well of course it will be!  But that doesn't help that stress in trying to get money when you don't have it and then the stress of how to make the payments. I honestly don't know how people adopt twice!!!  I'm calling my tax person on Monday to see how bad I'll get hit with taxes if I cash in my company stock.  I just know the second I get my W2, I'm heading to the tax preparer to get my paperwork in to get money back as soon as I can :)

If anyone wins the lottery....remember me please :)
Gorgeous weekend, enjoy it!
~Amy

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Amy!
    Hang in there and hope all pans out with Capital One!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Amy! The government is giving banks money at 0% interest, and they are NOT loaning it to anybody. They are just keeping it, which is not what the government intended them to do. I'm so sorry all of this if putting a damper on your travel plans, and just the trip in general. It is really crazy, of course it will be worth it, but it is ridiculous what the banks are doing right now. It really should be against the law. Best of luck - can't wait to see his little face!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly hope it all works out. I hate to think of this keeping a family from being united and keeping a child in an orphange when a mommy is wanting to give him a HOME. Keep us posted....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Amy--I know this is an old topic but I totally understand how you feel about the money. YOu will happily do whatever it takes to get the money to complete this adoption but that does not make it less stressful. I had to take a loan at the end too --we got home last February and I am still paying off my loan. Having a loan payment and a daycare payment is killing my budget. It is absolutely worth it but still very stressful. My court date was in January so I had to wait until the end of this year for the tax credit so I am hoping for that to help also.

    Congrats-I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete