Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Upset with Travel Dates

I got my travel itenarary today and am upset by the dates. The first trip isn't bad, I'm just there during Thanksgiving, but I can handle that. I can't afford to stay there during the 10 day waiting period so I'm coming back home. The second trip is the one that upset me.  I have to travel and be there for 14 days!  I'm upset because again, the cost. I just wish I could get past the cost of everything, but it just keeps adding up and I have no money now.....hence waiting with baited breath to hear if I get my loan.  I thought coming home during the 10 day waiting period would save me money and never dreamed the second trip would be that long. So yes, I am saving money from the waiting period but that money I thought I was saving is now going to the second trip.  Yes I have heard it over and over again, and yes I completely understand and believe it, that it will be all worth it in the end when I have him in my arms. I just don't know how I am going to pay for it when we get home. I just hate that I am allowing my excitement for my "Gotcha Day" being overshadowed by my anxiety about money.  I am going to give it my very best effort to put it in perspective, make a financial plan and look to the positive.
Well of course, I AM going to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow....you never know :)
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. it really...really...REALLY...will be worth it, Amy...I promise! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything Amy! The third trip is always 2 weeks, so that shouldn't have been a surprise. We were in Russia for a month, when you combine all three trips. It is very expensive, but if you rent an apartment in Moscow, instead of staying in a hotel, you'll save a lot of money. And, of course, don't go out to eat, just buy bread and cheese, and cheap food. It is the restaurants and hotels that make the trips so expensive. Best of luck!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete