Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Work Friends Baby Shower

Last night my work friends gave me the nicest baby shower!  The food was great (as you would expect from Shelba, Cindy and Suzanne), the flowers were gorgeous (sitting looking at them right now, keeping an eye on my cat as she is eyeing them) and it was so nice to chat with everyone.  You know you see them a work everyday but when you're out of the office, you just relax and can actually "talk" to them, it's different and nice.  We had two token men attend, thanks for bearing through Steve and Ray, I appreciate it :)

Everyone was SOOOO generous with their gifts, thoughtful and creative.  You wouldn't expect less with a group of architects and designers right.  I got my running stroller so off Christian and I will go to get me back into shape :)  I got a wagon which I LOVE and it was useful too because we packed everything into it and rolled it out to my car.  Ray helped load it in the back of my SUV and I thought "sure, I'll have no problem getting out once I get home."  Wrong!  I did finally get it out but not without almost dropping it twice, almost scratching my car and almost smashing my fingers. But none of that happened, I only smacked my upper arm on the door frame which of course will bruise but it's not the first nor the last.

I just HAD to immediately put the rocking horse together only to realize that one last vital screw was missing. So on the hunt in my Dad's workshop I will go this weekend to find a match...he doesn't know that yet :)
My friend Amy (yes another woman with a wonderful name) gave me an incredibly creative gift I thought. It's a Christmans ornament that is plaster that you make a mold of the child's hand.  So our first Christmas and one of his first Christmas ornaments will be of Christian's hand! I love that!
I got such a wide variety of stuff from clothes, toys, books, gift cards, winter coat and hat, and wonderful words of advice.
Thank you to everyone that attended and gave Christian such wonderful and thoughtful gifts. I truly appreciate it!!!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment