Friday, October 8, 2010

MORE Paperwork

Just when I thought I was done with the paperwork....
Some of my documents either expired plus the judge wants more because I am a single mother. So the mad rush to get the documents ready, notarized, apostilled and to the agency.  A HUGE thank you to Chris for dropping whatever she is doing to notarize by papers....love ya!  I now have to figure out which one and where to get my State Police background check one.  If it's just me getting the documents together I am fine but when I have to wait for someone else to give them to me I get nervous because they don't get them done as fast as I would like.

Today was a day for waiting, which when I am tired, is definitely not pretty on me :)  I had to wait 50 minutes for my documents to be apostilled while I watched four other people come and go while I waited...grrr.
Then I had to get two new tires. I was told it would take 1 to 1 1/2 hous. I went across the street to wander through Target to try to stay awake. I traveled this past week for work and didn't sleep well in the hotel rooms so I was looking forward to a nap :)  I came back 1 1/2 hours later and as expected they were not done.  They said it would another 30 minutes so off I go to the oh so lovely and clean (being sarcastic here) cramped waiting room.  Another hour goes by and my car hasn't moved. I proceed to the front desk, ask how much longer it will be and get a vague answer.  So I calmly and politely (really, I was calm and polite) explain to the desk guy that I was told it would be about 1 to 1 1/2 hours and by this time it was 2 1/2 hours, and how much longer would it be. Well $400 and 3 1/2 hours later, I'm leaving the tire place.  Yes I went home and took a nap :)

Tomorrow I'm going to work on completing my son's artwork I am making for his room. I am very excited and hope I don't mess them up!  It's supposed to be nice weather this weekend (fall is my favorite season), so everyone have a nice weekend!
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Something I did was to enclose a note or tell the person doing the document that they were helping my baby to come to her family. That worked all but one time and that time I cried! She sped up and assured me everything would get done!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete