Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tired or Mad???

Christian was a crazy man this weekend!  I had to run errands to Target, grocery store and the shoe store to buy him new shoes. It was like a switch flipped on and he flipped out.  He loves to ride in the car, so that part went fine.  I got him strapped in the stroller, that went fine. We passed through the doors of the mall to find the shoes and the switch flipped. He wanted out of the stroller, no he wanted to stay in the stroller, he wanted the shade top on the stroller down because the "sun" was in his eyes, no he wanted the shade top back so he could see.....on and on it went.  I walked as fast as I could to the shoe store, my eyes scanned at light speed over the shoe options, as his volume increased at an impressive consistent level. I found a couple of pairs and it was like trying to pin down an eight legged cat to get them on his feet. To my dismay, they didn't fit. As I turned to get the other pair of shoes, pleading silently to God to let this pair fit, the slippery little bugger got away from me and down the aisle he went, laughing all the way. I "firmly whispered" at him to "get back here right this minute."  He hesitated and I gave him the threatening eye, and once again, sent a prayer up for someone to impress upon him that it was in his best interest to come back to me, quickly. While this is all transpiring in mere seconds, I am struggling to me feet, because let's be honest, I'm not in the best shape anymore and getting old!  God must have felt sorry for me, because Christian came running back to me, launched himself into my arms, and said, "hugs!" Oh yeah, little shit, he knows how to work it :)

For all my best efforts, we left without shoes and headed to Borders.  I had a 46% off coupon that I COULDN'T waste ( I love to read!). He made his presence known, to every soul, even the hard of hearing, that he was in the house. I was embarrassed and mad because I wanted to browse and locate that intriguing "find" of a book but it wasn't going to happen. So I rushed through the aisles, managed to snag a couple of books and high tailed it out of there before the nasty looks I was getting would set us on fire!

Target and the grocery store met the same fate.  He was content in the car, in the shopping cart and BAM! the crazy kid surfaced as we passed through the doors. At this point I simply didn't care, went about my shopping letting him loudly protest, whine and arch, while I pushed my cart with an errie sort of calm about me.  We were in the car again and in about five minutes he was asleep. AHA!  That was the issue, he was tired.....and by now I was too :)  But we HAD to stop at the grocery store and the same show continued, Act Two. I made it through quickly, amazing even myself, however the banana Christian loudly insisted on holding met a disasterous fate I'm afraid.  It's fate was not known until we got home and sadly had to be put to rest.

So early to bed on Saturday resulted in a happy and funny little boy on Sunday. We had one of those days where the silliest things made us laugh and laugh and then our laughing made us laugh even more.  Delightful!
We made trips to the park both Saturday and Sunday and I even managed to start cutting out the growth chart tree I am making for his room. I hope to have it complete this week and will post a photo.
Have a good week all!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment