Saturday, June 4, 2011

Daycare - Allergy - HOT - Carousel

Christian has done more in four days at his new daycare than he did in three months at the old one!
He's done three art projects, they've read stories to them twice, he's played in the water sprinkler three times, is considering more and more using the "big boy potty", and is putting three words together.  I cannot say how happy I am that we were able to get a spot in this daycare.  The people are so nice, patient and genuinely love children, it's not just a business/job to them.

Thursday morning I noticed a rash all over Christian's entire body.  Allergic to something.  By the process of elimination, I think I have it figured out.  Tragically he's allergic to chocolate :(  Take a moment to get a tissue and wipe away your tears. If he has chocolate, say once a week, he's fine. But this past week he went through his phase of not wanting to drink his milk. So I put some chocolate in it and of course he sucked it right down. So we had chocolate milk, twice a day, for three days in a row and then on Wednesday, he had chocolate pudding at daycare. Poof, the rash. So he is not having any chocolate until the rash clears up and then we'll test run the chocolate intake and see how it goes.

It was so HOTTTTTTT today, oh my gosh!!! We were up early and at the park by 7:30 to beat the heat. We stayed for an hour, headed home and got into the pool.  Christian didn't have much room to swim this time because I had to take advantage of it and once I was sitting in it, there wasn't much room left.  So he made up for it by climbing all over me and rolling around in the water. We had so much fun!  When the temperature hit 95, I had to give it up, so we spent the afternoon indoors.

We walked over about 5 blocks to our church picnic/carnival after supper.  They had a few rides for little kids and he's ridden on a carousel before, so I chose that.  When it stopped he cried and clung to the horse when I tried to take him off. I convinced him the little train would be just as fun, so off we went.  He went right in, climbed right up into the seat, made it once around the track before he freaked out. He was crying, trying to stand up and pulling on the seat belt. I asked the operator to let him off which they did.  I asked if I could get my ticket back because he only went around once and they said no. Personally I think that's crap.
When I was putting him back in the stroller, he pointed to the carousel and was sobbing, "horse, horse." I didn't have any tickets left and I was trying to explain to him that we had to go buy another one. While we were having this unsuccessful conversation, the lady operator came over and asked what ride he wanted to go no. I told her, she told me to follow her, she talked to the carousel operator and they let us on for free. That was so nice of her, she didnt' have to do it and Christian was happy.  We rode the carousel three times and of course he cried when we left and cried the whole walk home. 

Into the bathtub he went, had a quick wash down, into jammies and he fell right into bed. He had a big day and was exhausted.  I'm exhausted too :)
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. You may want to see the doctor. His rash could be a form of strep..Trust me I made the same mistake.

    ReplyDelete