Monday, September 6, 2010

Surprise Baby Shower

I had my first baby shower yesterday!!! It was a surprise and soooo amazing:)  It was also sort of weird for me. I have never had a shower of any sort (attended many) and to have one for my child and not be pregnant is a funny feeling. They are a wonderful group of women that I have gotten to know over the years. They are college friends of my sister's, all who have stayed in close contact and get together regularly over the years. They stretch across Illinois from Chicago to St. Louis and they have been there for each other through weddings, babies, birthdays and annual get togethers. Being close to my sister, I have tagged along over the years and gotten to know this group of people. They are so much fun and truly good people and I am so glad that my sister has them in her life.  She is very blessed.

Last night was one of their annual parties at my sister's house and I was hanging out with them.  They called me into the living room to gift bags overflowing and a beautiful cake that read "Welcoms Christian".  Tears came to my eyes and then all of the sudden I was self conscious being the center of attention. Their little girls attended the impromptu shower while the husbands and little boys played outside.  The little girls were as excited as I was! They gave me a wide variety of gifts from toys to clothes to books to name a few.  They also gave me alot of toys and clothes their kids have outgrown which was wonderful!

My other sister helped me register this weekend which was so much fun! I just clicked away with that scanner gun anything and everything I think I'm going to need.  I hope I get some of the big items because it would be easier for me to fill in with the smaller ones, but I will be grateful for whatever I get.

I am missing Christian!  I showed his photo album I made to anyone who wanted to see it. Of course I had to tell the stories about each photo and the more I did the more I miss him.  I pray my court date comes fast so I can get there and bring him home! I know every prospective adoptive parent feels the same way.
I just have to send off a couple of court documents tomorrow and then I sit and wait.
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you had a great shower! Exciting! Hopefully your court date comes quickly!!! Congrats again on Christian!!!

    ReplyDelete