Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Room Ready, Well Almost

About half way there!  It has been a challenge getting Christian's room ready. I have a two bedroom house and the "spare bedroom" has a bed set but also has my computer desk, bookcase, shoe tub, and pretty much a dumping ground for other things.  I only have one closet in the house (not counting a very narrow hall closet that just holds a few coats and towels by the bathroom) and of course it's in the spare bedroom.  My bedroom furniture doesn't fit in the spare room as I thought I would switch rooms so I could still use the closet.  Well after all the purging I could do, I'm going to need that closet so he's just going to have to share with Mommy :)

Over the weekend I worked like a fiend and got all the loose stuff relocated to either the attic or basement (of course I had to organize some of those areas to make room for the relocated stuff....small house) and now just have to move the furniture out, which my nephew said he would help with. I want to get the furnitur moved out soon so I can get the painting done.  It is currently a sage green and of course the bedding I really like is not the same green, not even close enough to fake it, so I will be painting.  It's getting exciting seeing the room come together, in reality and in my mind, it's makes it even more real somehow.  I am excited about my "artwork" plans, trying to be creative, and fun at the same time.  I'll give you more details on that later, gotta get to work.
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment