Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Room Getting Better

Bedroom is painted, curtain sheers are back up and most of Sunday's shower gifts are put away. I put the stroller together only to find out the handles are too low for me. I've not even all that tall, just 5'-8" but have to bend to the handles which will kill me later I'm sure. So tomorrow I'm taking it apart, put it back in the box (which will be a feeble attempt because once you take those out you can never get them back in the box) and take it back to Walmart.

My nephew got Christian this toy steering wheel that has buttons to make it light up, lights run and LOUD sounds come out. My two cats FREAKED out! :)  I need to play with it once in awhile so they get used to noise so when Christian comes home they'll be ready. Ok, so it's really just that I want to play with it :)

I'm not a fan of ceiling fans from an aesthetic standpoint, however from a practical standpoint they are great. The one I have is an ugly gold shiny unit with bad woodgrain laminate fan blades.  I got this bright idea that I could paint it, so I did.  I painted the gold part a brownish copper (not shiny) and then tried, I repeat, tried to paint the fan blades.  I ruined them, they looked terrible!  So I painted them with Kilz and spray painted them a "maple" color tonight and I think I resurrected them. Whew, didn't really want to have to spend money to fix a stupid mistake on my part.....not that I haven't had to do that before :)
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Yep, spray painting fan blades works :o) You'll have to post pics of the room.....I'm a sucker for kid's rooms. Of course I'd rather see pics of the little guy but that will have to wait.

    Things seem to be moving along for you. having the daycare worked out is a HUGE thing!!!

    ReplyDelete