Saturday, September 18, 2010

Daycare Finalized

I committed to a daycare yesterday!  That was some process, whew.  My fabulous friends Susan gave me a long list of what to look for in a daycare and what questions to ask. I did everything on the list and the daycare people said they were impressed...thanks Susan, you're awesome!!!

I looked into the "facility" types and they were just too expensive for me.  Plus one I evaluated couldn't give me straight answers when I asked if they had had adoptive children from other countries and how did the work with them on the language barrier in the beginning. She danced around the question which made me uncomfortable so I passed on that facility...they were too expensive anyway.

I ended up with a business in the home, licensed, caregivers take continuing education classes and are CPR/First Aid certified.  The lady who owns the business was so nice and I felt like she was a genuine person, just a good gut feeling you know.  I checked her references, all panned out good and her cost is in my budget, so I gave her my deposit check.  It felt good to get that finalized and marked off the list!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment