Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Whine Fest

OMG! Christian was SOOOO whiney tonight he was driving me crazy.  We were supposed to meet my girlfriends for dinner tonight but they all cancelled, one by one, which based on Christian's mood tonight, was a good thing.  We went for a walk, which paused the whining for an hour, but it was back in full force as we approached the house and he realized we were going inside.

He loves helping me do the laundry, which entails him throwing the designated pile into the washer, or at least close to the washer.  Then he wants to help transfer the clothes from the washer into the dryer and we name each piece as we do it.  He then enthusiastically tosses the dryer sheet in, slams the door and instructs me "to turn on." If I even make a move toward the basement door, he knows I'm going to do laundry and barrels toward me, pushing me out of the way, to get down the stairs first. So tonight's routine was no different but was accompanied by the grating tone of the whine. I just kept closing my eyes, taking a deep breath, and talking to him calmly, praying the serenity would flow into him. Who I am kidding!  I wasn't serene and know he sensed it like an animal senses fear in people.

So the whining continued until he laid down in bed and I closed the door against the melodious sound :)
Let's hope he gets a good night's sleep (and me too) and my sweet loving little boy returns with the whining button on mute.  I know he is tired because he woke up last night with a bad nightmare.  I heard him screaming, the "I'm scared to death" kind of scream. I bolt into his room to find him standing up facing the door and hysterically screaming.  It kind of freaked me out actually.  I picked him up, held him tight and he was shaking so bad and clinging to me.  I held him, swaying back and forth, telling him that "Mommy is here and everything is alright," over and over again. I started singing to him and he slowly calmed down but his shaking lasted for about 10 minutes.  I had tears in my eyes because he was so scared and I felt so bad for him. Especially at times like this, I wish he could talk better to tell me what the dream was about.

So we said an extra prayer tonight for no bad dreams and a good night's sleep for him. Good night, sleep tight my little angel.
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment