Sunday, May 8, 2011

Three Days Running

We have been extremely busy the last three days.  Friday was jam packed and I didn't get time for my nap :)  Kidding, I haven't taken those on Friday afternoons for a while now.  After work at 11:30 I ran to get a birthday present then picked up Christian from daycare, to race home and drop my car off at the mechanic.  I had to get two new tires ~ugh~ and the inspection/emissions test for my license renewal. I dropped it off and we walked the block home to get him down for his nap.  An hour later the social worker came for our first post-adoption report visit.  She asked a ton of questions about how he is going, what can he do now that he couldn't when we first got home, how was he when we first got home,  how am I doing personally with the big change, etc.  Then we woke him up to meet her and everything went well....YAY!
Then we walked back up to pick up the car, ate supper and met the new babysitter so I could go to the Cardinals baseball game.  I needed some adult social time and got to catch up with all of my girlfriends, it was wonderful.  I did check my phone every 5 minutes though, couldn't help it.  The babysitter did call me and god love her, the first thing she said when I answered was, "everything is alright." Smart girl!  They couldn't get the picture to come up on the Elmo DVD and of course I didn't know how to fix it. Christian gets his hands on the remote and messes up the TV once in a while.  But being the teenager growing up with technology as their second language, figured out. It was a good night.

Saturday I was up early, packed all our stuff to drive to my great nephew's first birthday party 2 1/2 hours away.  They had one of those huge blowup jumping things for the kids, and after a little hesitation, Christian jumped right in and played with the kids.  It didn't hurt that his two cousins (18 and 21 yrs old) were in there too:)  Then off to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a nap, yes this time I got a nap too, then I helped my sister finish getting ready for her son's college graduation party.  Alot of people showed up, which was nice, and there ended up being about six little kids there for Christian to play with.  I think it was such a big exciting day for him and that's the reason it took me (and Grandma, I had to call in the reinforcements) the three hours to get his to sleep.

Sunday, off to church we went, then my two wonderful nieces and one nephew cooked my Mom, my sister/their mom and me a Mother's Day brunch.  It was so sweet of them and we ate until we were stuffed.
Then Christian played in his little scooter car thing that Grandma found for him at a garage sale, then off for a nap.  He rode it again after nap, and was a little upset when he had to get out of it so I could get it into my car to bring home with us.  Then he understood and scrambled up into his carseat and held onto the scooter car the whole two hours home.  He is so adorable!

In all the excitement, I forgot to have someone take our photo for our first Mother's Day. So I took a self portrait when we got home.  Of course I looked terrible but it will be one of the most precious photos to me for the rest of my life.
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment