Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ear is Ok!

We saw our GREAT pediatrician on Tuesday, she looked at Christian's ear, and it's fine now!  He may have had a small pinhole in his eardrum that the fluid came out of which was the dried crusty plug I saw inside his ear.  She said the hole has closed up, which it typically does, but he still has fluid.  So we're stopping the ear drops but staying with the antibiotics.  She read the report from the Urgent Care doctor and was frustrated with him because he did not state the whole diagnosis.  She said it's frustrating to her because parents come in upset only to realize they were not told everything, just like what happened to me.  I let my imagination run away with me and all I could think of was this hole in the eardrum was going to cause hearing issues.  But the y tend to close up when healing, the hearing is fine and a huge weight was lifted off my chest. Deep breath....

I'm dropping off my paperwork at the new daycare tomorrow! YAY! I am SO excited for Christian to start there, I cannot tell you. I am teaching him his colors by placing flashcards in the pouch in front of his carseat.  Periodically when driving, I point to it can ask him what color it is, then we look for that color out the window.  It is working great!  We do a color a week and he's mastered red, blue, yellow and this week is green.  I figure I can make good use of the time we have together and make a game out of it.

He went a little crazy tonight, whacking things with the plastic music recorder toy I got him for Easter. So needless to say, it is now mine for awhile :)

He is taking iron drops to get his level up, he has anemia.  Those drops turn his stools orange and make them VERY stinky, I actually gagged and had tears in my eyes last night!  I'm ridiculous at times.  I'm going to start ~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment