Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ride

Christian's favorite word right now (other than the standard "no") is "ride."  As expected, I don't have it figured out what he really means.  He points to cars and says "ride" but he doesn't want to ride in our car. We were walking the other day, he spied a pickup truck parked on the roadside, and made a bee line for it. I followed him (of course) to see what he was up to. He gets up to it, wants me to open the door and, yes you guessed it, ride.  I explained loudly over his wailing why we couldn't ride in this truck; it wasn't ours, I didn't have the keys, it wasn't ours.....but the distress continued.  So we go home and I tell him we can go for a ride in our car, head for the car and he throws down, not wanting to ride in our car but the neighbors parked right by ours.  So here's the deal, I LOVE my car and I'm feeling a little paranoid that he doesn't like it...just kidding.  He's too young to know what a cool car is, but rest assured, I think my car is cool.

So I'm not sure what the fascination is with wanting to ride in a random strange car, but I am glad he's not older, because I would be concerned that some freak would lure him into their car pretty easy due to this recent fascination. Yes I just got done watching one of those police shows and it makes your mind wander to the dark side once in a while.  Maybe he's going to be one of those kids that's really into cars???

I put him in his car seat the other morning, put my bags on the seat, and closed his door, our normal routine. I walked around the car to the driver's side, opened the door and slid into the driver's seat.  Christian then said in a cheery voice, "well, hello!"  I bust out laughing, it was so cute and funny.  "Well, hello," like he hadn't seen me for days. He is talking more and more, putting more words together and his humor is coming out more often which is so enjoyable.  I just love watching his personality evolve!

Well tomorrow afternoon is our first test run at the new daycare.  I have a good feeling that it's going to go well :)
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to see their personalities shine through. Once the language kicks in, they really start to emerge and it is so fun.
    Hannah still doesn't know boundaries enough. Walking through the neighborhood she likes to just run up to houses or yards that are intersting to her and I am constantly saying "You can't go there, it is not ours" but it has been good because it is a safe environment for her to learn that lesson.

    Can't wait to hear how the new daycare is going.

    ReplyDelete