Friday, May 13, 2011

Photo Project

A friend of my sister's just started taking photos as a hobby. She makes herself take at least one photo every day, to help her get into the habit, as well as learn the features on her camera.  This is a person that has never even taken snapshots, didn't even own a camera.  Of course she is the type of person us fellow "photographers" hate.....first time user and she has an incredible eye for composition, subject and effect.  Her photos are gorgeous!!!  Some friends of hers told her that at the end of a year, she should make a coffee table book of her photos entitled, "A Year in our Life."  Great idea......so I stole it :)

I decided in mid-January, after I heard the above story, to take a photo of Christian every day and will make an album entitled, "Our First Year Together."  It's been going along pretty good but I've been finding it harder and harder to find interesting and unique shots of him.  I try to get shots of something he is doing or experiencing that he never has before (which is just about everything) but lately it's been tough to find something original.  Sometimes he is still for the photo and other times not, but I've managed to get some fairly good photo, if I do say so myself :)  I just need to get more creative I guess.

It's been alot of fun snapping the pictures, I've managed to get myself in a few with the timer.  I've try to stay up to date downloading them to my computer, dating them and making the document for the sticker labels of what was special about the photo. I think I'm about a month behind though and I need to start printing them and getting them in the album.  I'm going to end up at October and realize I have a ton of photos to do and I want to make sure I get it done instead of having boxes of photos sitting around like I already have :)  Then we can have a good time flipping through the pages over the years and he can see himself and the things he did in his first year with me.  I'm excited about this project.....better get back to it.
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great project! You have to post some of those pictures to your blog so we can see them too!

    BTW - Happy First Mother's Day! Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project--it will be awesome. Now that it has been more than a year for me, I wish I had done that.

    ReplyDelete