Saturday, April 9, 2011

Park, Park, Park!

At 4:50 a.m. on Thursday, my phone rings.  My mind snaps awake and my heart pounds as I pick up the receiver, worried that something is seriously wrong.  I hear my daycare lady telling me that all the workers are sick and that daycare is closed today.  I exhale, realizing  I had been holding my breath, and sent up a prayer of thanks that it was nothing serious.  I lay back down, stare at the ceiling and wonder, what the heck I'm going to do now.  I don't have an emergency babysitter lined up yet and especially one during the week day hours.  Yep, that's on my list to find someone asap!  I wait until 6:00 and then send a frantic text to my niece and nephew for help. They go to college about 30 minutes away and I prayed one of them had a block of time they could come watch Christian, so I could at last get into work for a little while. They responded immediately and by the grace of God and their generosity, they were able to help me out.  My niece didn't have class until 1:00 and my nephew was done with class at 10:30!  They could cover the entire day for me....exhale :)

Christian was upset when I left him with my niece, so I called at 8:00 when I got to work to see if he'd calmed down.  She told me they were on their way to the park!  (I laugh here)  I call back around 10:30 to see if he's behaving and she said they were on their way back to the park for trip #2.  I can just see him, he does this to me, we get back into the house and 10 minutes later, he's following me around saying, "park, park, park..."  I just know that's what he did to her, so off they went.

I check in with my nephew in the afternoon to see if Christian went down for his nap ok.  He tells me that all was fine but Christian was agitated because he didn't know that the stuffed animals were supposed to be UNDER the covers with him not on top :)  When I walk in the door that evening, Christian didn't care that I was home, I didn't even get my running hug :(  A little disappointing. But of course I stole a huge hug anyway and the next words out of his mouth?  Yep, park, park, park.  Too funny!

We went to the park Friday afternoon and this afternoon and plan on going again tomorrow afternoon.  He's definitely been getting his daily dose of vitamin D lately. HA! We saw several ducks today and they were fairly close to the edge so we got a good up close look.  Birds freak him out though (I don't blame him).  The ones in our yard are doing the low fly bys and Christian doesn't like that at all.  We won't be going to the park we went to on Friday anymore. Some undesirable looking junior high kids hang there and they pee on the slides.  Really????  Pee??? The reason for that is what, tell me....yuk.

Tomorrow we're going to THE big park in town!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment