Monday, April 18, 2011

Four Months

Today marks exactly four months that Christian has been with me, his forever family! All my love my little sweetie bug :*)

We came home to another big box on my porch from my college friend Monica and her son.  This one was filled with toys! Christian couldn't stand still, grabbing one toy after another, looking at it and shouting, "Oh!, Oh!" He finally had to set some down because his chubby little hands couldn't hold any more. There were matchbox type of cars, big trucks, tractors, blocks, puzzles to name a few things...pay dirt!  Thanks so very much Monica!!!!!

The box was sitting in the living room and as we ate supper, my cat decided to jump on top and investigate.  Christian heard her scratching at the box, and yelled from the kitchen, "no, no, get down!"  Gee, wonder where he's heard that before :)  Of course the cat didn't move and Christian was very upset the cat was on HIS box, so I went in and shoed her off. She did what I said (she usually does this first time) and Christian gave me a sort of astonished look that the cat did what I said, probably shocked that the cat understood English :)  So naturally doing what mothers do, I said to Christian, "see how Zoey did what I said the first time, you need to do that too."  Hey it's worth a try.  We played and played with all the trucks and then he wanted to pull out the musical Christmas dog Aunt Cindy gave him.  So we played with that and laughed and laughed at it, it really is that funny too see, trust me :)

I hate to keep complaining about my daycare, but those idiots fed Christian a big cup of yogurt, AGAIN, at 5:00 p.m. when I came to pick him up.  I got a little short with the worker, telling her to stop doing that because he doesn't eat supper. She said he asked for it so she gave it to him.  Now tell me, if he asked for a big chocolate bar at 5:00 p.m. would she give that to him???  Probably.  So dinner was later and not as productive as usual, AGAIN, which as you can tell by my use of capital letters, I am not happy about at all. So tomorrow morning when I drop him off, I'm going to talk to the owner and tell her to cut it out!  Yes, I will be nicer about it.  Looking forward to June 1st when Christian goes to his new daycare :)
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh about the cat piece. Today Zachary was yelling at the dogs barking and saying, "E-NOUGH!", with the exact same voice inflection that I use. Of course they did't listen to him either and, being the snotty mama I am told Zachary, "It's frustrating when they don't listen, isn't it?"

    As for the colds, next year will be better. The first year I had Zachary he seemed to be sick all the time. He still gets cold all the time because the kids at day care pass it around but it doesn't keep him out of day care. So it will get better!

    ReplyDelete