Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

My laptop wireless connection freaked out and of course it took me a while to figure out how to fix it.
Friday was another immunization shot day, which went as expected; thrashing, tears, screaming followed by a yogurt treat because I feel so bad afterwards.  While waiting in the doctor's office, a hail storm came through but luckily no damage to my car. Then during our Walmart stop on the way home, more hail, wind and rain but it calmed down by the time we left, just had to dodge the river running under my car.

We made the drive to my hometown and stayed with my sister Beth this time. I alternate between staying with her and my parents, to give each a break :) Saturday we decided we HAD to get Christian's photo with the Easter Bunny at the mall, so off we went.  Just my luck, 5 minutes after getting in line and the bunny takes a break.  What???  The upside was that four groups decided to come back later which bumped us up to the third group in line.  We waited until Aunt B and cousin Abby came back so Aunt B could hold our place in line while Christian, Abby and I rode the carousel.  Christian was scared at first but warmed up to it fast and loved it. He threw a major fit when it stopped and we had to get off......good sign that he liked it :)
The photo with the Easter Bunny was a bust.  He liked him and kept saying, "bunny, bunny," until it was our turn to sit on bunny's lap, then it was a different story. I thought if I sat by bunny with Christian on my lap it might work out but no way!  Christian would look forward at the lady trying to get him to smile, then over at the HUGE bunny with HUGE eyes and would freak out. He was terrifed so after about 30 seconds I just knew it wasn't going to happen so we bailed.  Aunt B managed to get a snapshot with my camera from the side, so that's good enough for me. Then we rode the Bunny Express train ride, calmed down, and loved it.  Abby was a great cousin to play chaperone on the train ride too.

We had a HUGE Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's house Sunday after church.  Cousin Alaina was in charge of the egg "hiding" and being a rookie, spread them ALL over the HUGE yard! It took us about an hour to pick them all up and that was with the help of 10 yr old cousin Abby and me.  Christian loved it for the first 10 minutes but was losing interest after that. I had to coax him around the yard to pick up the rest of the eggs. It was a great first Easter for him, thanks family for filling eggs and hiding them :)

Christian started feeling icky on Sunday with pink eye.  Yep, pink eye....sigh. Monday morning he woke up with his eye swollen shut, he looked like a boxer.  Off to work we go to pick up a laptop so I can work at home.  The doctor called in a scrip so I didn't have to go to the office, which was great.  He started feeling better late that afternoon and the swelling went down.  He looks so much better today and I can tell he feels much better, poor little guy. Never a dull moment with him :)

Tomorrow we're going to "Family Night" at the new daycare. The owner invited us even though we don't start until June 1st. I am so excited!  This is a meet the other parents night and she also has a professional who will be there to talk to if you have questions about your child's behavior. That just goes to show you what kind of facility she runs, how dedicated she is and how grateful I am to have found her and be accepted into her facility. I feel so confident that Christian will thrive there academically as well as socially!

Well off to do dishes and take out the trash.......such an exhilarating life I lead :)
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment