Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Side Note

Responding to a few comments from readers.
First of all, THANK YOU for reading my blog, I hope it's interesting and you find some humor in it too.

I am currently using the Children's Hope International adoption agency.  I believe they have offices in several cities.  I really like the staff and the Russia coordinator, Anna, is a native Russian and wonderful.

I accepted to travel to meet my first referral and was in Russia from March 28th to April 2nd.
I was unable to accept the first referral (which my blogs will tell the story), met a second referral, which I was also unable to accept.  I returned back to the US to wait for another referral, only to find two weeks later, the poor decision on the Tennessee mother's part to send her adoptive 7 yr. old son back to Russia on a plane by himself.  That delayed adoptions while the US and Russian governments had talks to form an agreement between the countries to protect adopted Russian children.

When this agreement is complete and in place, I hope to be getting a referral soon after and pray it is the child that God intends for me to have.
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks for clarifying. Hope you get a referral soon!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it will happen soon! Afterall, other Amy is a beacon of hope for us since she just had a positive court ruling. :)

    ReplyDelete