Sunday, October 16, 2011

Circus, Bonfire, Pictures

We had a fun jam packed weekend! We met my sister Beth to pick up her daugher Abby to come to our house and spend the night. Christian had fun with her and after he went to bed, Abby and I watched "The Goonies".  I haven't seen that movie in ALOT of years!  Thankfully Abby was tired at 10:00 like me, so we went to bed.

Saturday morning we headed out to swimming lessons and Abby did a great job taking photos and video of Christian and I in the water.  The water was a little cool, but I didn't think too bad, but Christian acted like he was freezing!!!  Afterwards, he ran to the locker room and a blast of air conditioning hit us when the door opened. He screamed, "COLD! COLD! COLD" and started crying and I admit it WAS cold!  I stripped him out of his wet clothes as fast as I could and Abby quickly wrapped the towel around him.  He kept wanting me to hold him and didn't understand when I was telling him being against me, who was wet, would make him colder. He was clutched to me and I had to peel him off of me to get him dried off.  I finally got his dry clothes on and he calmed down.  Then I rushed to get changed because by now I was freezing!  I need to think of a plan for next time :)

Off to home we go to get cleaned up and wait for Beth to come to our house.  After lunch we headed to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey circus.  We had pretty good seats and Christian's eyes were glued to every event!  He LOVED the elephants, horses and tigers!!!  He got a little bored with the gymnasts and believe it or not, the clowns, but did a great job of waiting for something else to happen that he liked.  I haven't been to the circus for many many years and I loved it too!

After the circus, Beth and Abby left and we took a nap.  Then for dinner we headed to a friend's house for a cookout/bonfire.  It was a beautiful night and I managed to keep Christian from falling into the bonfire :)  He feel asleep about five minutes into the car ride home.

Sunday we went to have his three year old photos taken. He did ok, as good as a three year can do. They had some props but some of them were too hokey for me and a few I went ahead and did because they really wanted to use them. I felt he wasn't really naturally smiling and we had to take a few breaks because he wanted to run around.  I was worried they weren't going to be very good but set my mind that no matter what, I had to buy some to mark his third year.  To my delight and dismay, there ended up being quite a few good photos!  I was happy I had some good ones to purchase, but dismayed because it was so hard deciding which ones :)  I came home with a good group of photos and am now off to search for any picture frames I have. I can't wait to put them up!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment