Friday, September 30, 2011

Random Stuff

So here's some random things that have happened or thoughts.

1. Christian can now count to 10.
2. Elmo has moved to the top of the list as the favorite.
3. Benji is old news, thank goodness, I was so sick of watching the movie over and over and over and over..
4. Christian wanted to stand on our cat Zeke's paw.  I told him no, he would hurt the cat very badly, but he kept chasing him around the house and when Zeke would stop, he would make a move to stand on his paw. Nothing I said would make him stop, so I put my foot on his with enough pressure to make him uncomfortable.  He didn't like it and I told him that Zeke wouldn't like it either.  Zeke is not being chased anymore
5. Christian lined up all the bath toys on the top edge of the tub.  Then he decided they all needed a drink and I ended up mopping up the flooded floor.
6. I let Christian lock the car with the remote about a week ago.  I showed him what button did what, one time, and he remembered it. Monday after school we stopped at the grocery store. I gave him the remote to unlock the car and he climbed in while I put the bags in the back. I went around to buckle him in and held out my hand for the keys/remote.  He adamantly told me "no, I do it, close the door."  Yeah, like that's going to happen.  I may do some dumb things, but I wasn't about to leave my keys with my 3 yr old, inside the car, and close the door. I had a flash of the police and/or fire department showing up to unlock the car because Christian wouldn't.  He wasn't too happy with me when after much talking,  I ended up having to pry the keys out of his hands.
7. Christian was going to get his 3 yr old photos taken last Sunday, but a fall resulting in a bite lip the day before produced a purple fat lip Sunday morning.  So the photos were cancelled and we'll try again another day. It's always something :)
8. Christian was mad at me a couple of weeks ago because he didn't want to do what I told him. I slid off the sofa, made a pouting mad face and said, "I'm going to Grandma's!"  I told him, "good luck with that, she lives a 2 hr car ride away, so you'll be walking for days."  So he opted instead to talk to her on the phone :)
9. So potty training is an interesting experience.  He has the pee part down, let's me know when he has to go, does and usually doesn't wet the pull up diaper.  The poop on the other hand is getting out of control.  The pull up diapers do not hold the weight of the poop very well, plus the secure tabs aren't as tight so his pants push the diaper down on his butt.  This means that when he poops, it goes everywhere, and I do mean everywhere; up and out the top onto his pants; out the sides onto his pants; etc.  The other day he had to change his pants three times and when I picked him up, he had messed on pant #4.  Two shirts were also changed due to the top side explosion getting on the shirt.  I am doing SO much laundry and instead of having two changes of clothes in his bag at school, I now have four.  It just sort of baffles me.
10. Christian now kneels at the pew when we enter church without me reminding him.  He also can almost say the meal time prayer by himself too. Very proud mommy :)

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment