Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Loving Fall

Fall is my favorite season, although if it could stay lighter longer, that would be a bonus!
Every morning Christian as we go to the car, Christian has been saying, "cooler, cooler."  Yep it's cooler and we're loving it!  I am eagerly waiting for the leaves to change so we can take Sunday afternoon drives to enjoy them.

I bought his Halloween costume online, ordered the 2T and received a 12-18 month size. Even though the website had both sizes to select, they now tell me that they've never had the toddler size.  I sent it back, find the same one on another costume website. This site only had the 2T-4T size to pick, so I did......and I received another 12-18 month size today.  I am not happy.  I just sent an email inquiring if they have the 2T-4T size so I can exchange it. Oh, I forgot to mention that the confirmation email and shipping email both stated the size was a 2T.  Of course I have fallen in love with this costume and won't really be satisfied with a different one.

The first costume I got I tried on Christian anyway to see how "too small" it really was.  It was too small, not terribly so, but was visually obvious, plus I wouldn't be able to get a layer of clothes on underneath to keep him warm.  If the company says it's only available in the smaller size, then I'm going to keep it and see if I can modify it to fit him. I know a few people that can sew so that's a plus.  Sort of annoyed that I have to alter a new costume when I am lean on free time these days.  Oh well, it's all worth it because he looks adorable in it:)  Yikes!  I guess I could tell you all that it's a tree frog costume!  I figure next year he'll be 4 yrs old and then starts the, "I want to be Superman, Spider Man, etc..." and my days of "cute costumes" will be over. So I've got this one year to dress him in a costume that will embarass him years later :)

We got the all clear from the doctor this afternoon at his post surgery appointment. YAY!
Then he rode his scooter this evening and wrapped it up with some swinging time with me at the controls.
I have the day off of work on Friday, which I definitely need after all that's been happening, so tomorrow is my virtual Friday.  Yay for me :)
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment