Friday, September 9, 2011

Long Short Week

For this week being short due to Labor Day, it sure seemed long to me!
Monday we did alot of yard work, alternated with swinging. I would trim the bushes and toss the branches on the ground. Christian would pick them up and put them in the wheel barrow....well at least most of the time.  When the new fun of this little task wore off, he would go play, only to return and toss a few more branches into the wheel barrow. When the wheel barrow was full, he would "help" me push it to the dumpster and then bummed a ride back to the yard in the wheel barrow.  Of course I was "sooo tired" that I couldn't drive straight, and was weaving all over the alley.  He loved it!

When he was bored, I would stop and swing him for awhile. This became our game: yard work for a little bit, swing for a little bit.  Worked out great for both of us plus I got a little break here and there.  Then lunch, nap and off to the park.  Now I know I am biased, but I think he does an exceptional job on the rock climbing wall thing that is attached to the playground unit.  He scrambles up it like a monkey while I stand behind him with my hands up ready to catch him.  Of course he wanted to swing and I talked him into using the "big kids swing", not the baby bucket swing, and he did great.  After he gets comfortable with it, I'll teach him to pump his legs to keep himself going.

A girl about 10 yrs old was on the teeter totter with her Dad, horsing around making it go high and jerky, trying to make each other fall off. Well it worked, except not as they wanted. The girl flew over the handle, landed on her face on the middle metal support rail.  When she came up she was holding her mouth. Her Dad pulled her hand away to see and it was full of blood and some missing teeth. Now I was about 15 feet away but that was close enough for me to gag when I saw the blood. Yes I am a huge sissy.

Tuesday night was preschool "Dinosaur room" orientation. Christian is transitioning from the 2 yr old Dinosaur room to the 3 yr old Butterfly room. They reviewed the policies and Yay, I'm doing everything right!

Thursday was a bad allergy day for Christian, he was miserable and grumpy. He was ready for bed at 7:30, so with the extra time I surfed the internet for Halloween costumes.  OMG!  There are SOOOO many adorable costumes I thought I was going to have a hard time deciding....well the prices helped me decide real fast! Holy cow, some of them are expensive if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, they are adorable and look like they are made very well, but $50 for a Halloween costume they will only wear for a couple of hours????  Sorry, not in my budget.  Of course I found the most adorable tree frog costume that I fell in love with, but at $45, it will not be purchased.  I looked for others similar, but when I get one in my head, all the others paled in comparison.  I did find one that was sort of close in appearance, and much cheaper, so I ordered that one. I figure I can add a few things to it and printed off the costume I really wanted for ideas.  We'll see if I can do it :)

Tomorrow morning is our first swim lesson. He has been doing well with water, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try.  As we move into fall/winter, rainy colder weather, he will be staying indoors at school more and more. I thought the swim lessons would give him some activity and work on his large motor skills. It's a beginning class for kids that have never been in a swimming pool (he's been in one time) and a parent has to be in the water with them.  Now my very pale lumpy body is going to be in a swimsuit with people I don't know! I apoligize to those people in advance :)  I hope Christian likes it and has fun. I'll keep you posted.

~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Christian is doing awesome and so are you Mom!!!
    Swimming will be fun. Hannah would not even go in the swimming pool the first time she saw one but she went in the second time and totally fell in love! She loves the water and her swimming lessons. It is a great skill for every one to have too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete