Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tests Sent to Me?

After many responses from the Yahoo Russian adoption message board, they suggested I ask for the test results to be sent to me so I could have my doctor interpret them because they can't find a doctor there to do it. I asked and as expected the answer was no.  I didn't think they would send them but I had to try.
My rep said the orphanage knows how anxious I am and they hope to have the tests read by the end of this week and the answers sent to me. Based on past experience, IF they do get them read by the end of the week, I won't get the answers until the beginning of next week.

I am debating on a huge issue. If they cannot find someone to read the tests this week, I am thinking of traveling anyway.  I am nervous to wait too much longer for fear of losing this referral. However, I cannot financially afford to make another unsuccessful trip. Oh what to do??? People say to sleep on it, which I have been doing for the past two weeks, but actually not getting much sleep because my mind is spinning with all these thoughts.  So more prayers and looking for a sign :)
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you were able to send any information to an IA doctor here in the US. Maybe you had more posts about that I didn't see. Just a thought.
    I will say that the IA doctor we used was not very positive regarding the info on our son. We went any way and he is amazing. He does still, at 3 years old, minor developmental delays and works with an occupational therapist, but so far there are no signs of cognitive concerns.
    I obviously tend to go on the leap of faith, but I frequently remind myself how lucky we have been. You just never know (but you never know with a biological child either). Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what to say,except there are no guaranty's . Especially when it concerns Russian adoption. My thoughts are with you, I hope they get back to you at the end of this week, so you can have a low stress weekend.

    ReplyDelete