Monday, January 30, 2012

Stuffy X 2

Both Christian and I weren't feeling well this weekend, which made for a challenging couple of days :)
Friday my head had so much sinus pressure I was convinced a nasal passage was going to explode.  So after I dropped Christian off at school, I spent the rest of the day napping on and off, filled with meds.  Friday evening was the worst. I was still feeling terrible and Christian came back from school all stuffed up too.  We were both pretty pathetic, just zoned out on the sofa, taking turns blowing our noses, while watching Thomas the Train.

Saturday proved to be a better day.  Christian was on the move early and did great at soccer again.  He was a little grumpy and did one temper throw down on the field, but I coaxed him back up and off he went with the other kids.  He has the biggest grin on his face when he's running and kicking the ball, I just love it! I've managed to get some video without being plowed over by the other kids, which believe me, is hard to do, there are so many of them and they dart around so quickly.  I still wasn't feeling so great, so I didn't run with him as much as last week, but he didn't seem to mind.

We both took a long nap and then did puzzles and colored before supper.  He is talking better and better every day, and with his added dramatic facial expressions, is so entertaining to watch him talk.  He's been repeating things I say, some I want him to repeat, some things not :)  Now he's added the emotion to what he says which at times is hysterical and fascinating but also gives me that, "oh crap, I don't want him to say that."  For example, when he's not listening and doing what I tell him to, I say, "Christian, you need to do what I say."  He says, in a sassy tone, "Why?"  I say, "because I'm the adult and you're the child and it's my job to teach you things."  So a couple of days later, he's not cooperating when it's bathtime, and I ask him what he's doing and why isn't he listening to me.  He tells me in a haughty tone, "because I'm the adult and you're the child and I do what I want."  Oh really???  This may sound funny to you, but at that moment I was so mad.  Not just that he wasn't listening to me or that he smarted back to me, but the tone he used was all me, exactly how I would say it, and it didn't sound nice.  Reality check!  Now when I'm tired and frustrated and he's not cooperating, I need to be more cognizant of my tone as well as my words.  Sassy kids annoy me to death and I do NOT want my child to be sassy to adults!  But the good news is, I am starting to feel better so that will help my mood :)

I pick him up at school today to find out that same monster child bit Christian again!  He didn't break the skin but he's already got a purple bruise outline of both sets for teeth. Makes me SO mad! The monster bit two kids in one day.  I don't blame the teachers because they have to watch all the children, not just one, but I do think the parents should have a handle on this by now.  I know I didn't go through the biting stage with Christian, but did with my nieces and nephews, and let me tell you, this stage didn't last seven months.  It's the same scenario, the monster wants something another kid has, goes up, grabs the toy, bites and runs off.  The kids are taught to say loudly, "Please stop biting!" and then go tell the teacher.  Well today as the teacher was telling me what happened, she told Christian when he sees the monster going to bite him, he can run away to the teacher.  Ok, I get this, but it's not like Christian is standing there and LETTING the monster bite him, it all happens so fast that he's not going to have time to run away before getting bit. So I was the bad mother today and told Christian that if the monster bites him again, to knock him to the ground and then say, "Please stop biting!"  Maybe if the monster gets knocked on his butt a couple of times he'll think, "Hey I'm not going to steal that toy from Christian and bit him because I'll get knocked down."  I'm actually surprised he hasn't knocked him down or pushed him yet based on the wrestle mania he lived in at the orphanage :)  All I can say, if he ever gets bit on the face, Momma's going to come unglued!

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment