Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Firsts"

We had some more "firsts" this weekend.  Friday evening we drove to see my nephew, Christian's cousin, race his Pro Crate Late Model car. Christian did pretty good, watched the cars go around, and looked so cute with his ear muffs on to protect his ears from the loud noise.  He got restless at one point because he wanted to RIDE in the cars :)  He didn't understand why he couldn't and got fussy, but some genius had installed a playset, and off  we went to burn off some energy. 

He got daring and started going fast down this slide that had humps on it.  At first I was catching him at the bottom because his feet would hit and his body would flip him on his belly and he didnt' like it, plus I didn't want a bloody nose.  But as he got more and more wound up, and following cousin Abigail, he got more daring.  I would help him up the ladder and he would run to the slide and barrel down it before I could get around to catch him. He would zip down and fall on his belly, roll over laughing, bounce up and run for the slide to do it all over again, and again, and again......  There was a rope ladder thing that he HAD to climb up because Abigial did. So I was helping him up, he wanted down, so I set down, turned to step away from the ladder. My foot was caught in the bottom rope which I didn't know, so when I stepped, I tripped and fell lfat on my stomach, literally....embarrassing.  Abigail is on top asking if I'm ok in between laughs. Thank God I didn't break anything, I don't bounce like I used too :)

We say Kolby race twice, and my Dad, who was at the race with my sister (Kolby's mom), rode back with me, which was great, because I was so tired by now.  We got to my parents house just after midnight, and after dragging our bags inside and getting ready for bed, I fell asleep around 1:00 a.m. Thank goodness Christian was tired too and slept in until 7:30 !

Saturday mid-morning we headed out to Beth's house (my sister) and went for a swim in her pool. Christian has never been in a "big" pool, he pool experience only extending to the little blue plastic one I bought from Walmart.  He was SO excited!  So in I go and then bring him in to hold in my arms.  We walk around, twirl around and he likes it but "wanted down".  He had on a floaty life vest type of thing that is float things sewn into a shirt. So I let him go a little, but still held onto the tops of his arms. He kept pushing me saying he wanted to walk.  He didn't understand it was deep and he wasn't going to be able to touch the bottom or walk.  After he finally understood that, he relaxed and did good.  He stood on the deck and jumped to me which he loved!  Then we set him on a raft, let him throw weighted rings into the water, and Abigail went and got them.  When Beth turned on the filter, he was bouncing with excitement and pushing me to go over and see what that noise was. He is such a curious little guy, which is great. So he observed the filter for awhile and then was ready for some more deck jumping.  He did SO good in the water and had a blast!

Later that evening we went back to Beth's house and they let him sit in Kolby's race car. His grin stretched from ear to ear, he was so happy and thought he was a big boy. He wanted to go for a ride but we distracted him and told him he could go sit on the tractor. So off we went to sit on the tractor and then off to investigate whatever else we came across.  It reminded me so much of my childhood, we when would go to my Grandpa's farm and wander and investigate and be gone for hours.  Great memories.  I hope I am providing and can provide great memories for him too.
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. If you were at the dirt track on a Friday watching crates, l
    know exactly where you were. I don't go to that specific track but still my scene. My family has been involved for over 35 years. :) glad Christian had so much fun & got up-close-and-personal.

    ReplyDelete