Sunday, July 24, 2011

Eventful Sunday

Well there weren't any pews in church that dead ended against the wall this morning. It should be an unspoken rule that people leave those spaces empty for parents with kids so they can keep them captured. Christian made it part way up the center aisle during mass this morning.  He was giving me his "I'm being an adorable little shit right now" look, while my eyes are boring into his, lips tightly pursed, non-verbally telling him he better get his hiney back into our pew this second. He hesitated, took another step and his guardian angel stepped him to save his bacon and he turned and came back into the pew. I'm not sure when the last time was that I heard the entire mass. I'm sure God understands :)

With this unbearable hot weather we've been having lately, the kids haven't been able to be outside as much as school. I looked up on the internet any public access indoor play places for toddlers and found "Monkey Joe's".  So off we went, and let me tell you, I wish I as a kid again, this place is incredible! It only cost $5 for him and we got matching wrist bands for security purposes.  It has a two story high ceiling, and is filled with HUGE inflated jumping, climbing and sliding structures.  They were tagged for the different age groups but Christian was daring to try them all except for two. It was posted as "extreme difficulty level", so I wouldn't let him go on those and they went to the ceiling, had steep rockwall type of climbing steps and steep slides....he would have gotten stuck in there, I'm sure.  He did SO good on the all the other units.  There was this two story slide that had two slides on the sides and a ladder ramp up the middle.  He was slow going up the ramp, and at times causing a backup of the line of kids, but he made it to the top. He sat down and sailed down the slide, with no fear, and boy was he moving fast!  He tumbled into a ball at the bottom and flopped onto the floor.  I was worried he was scared but by the time I got to him, he had jumped up, laughing and ran to the ladder to go again. He must have gone down this thing two dozen times!  This place is a gold mine to work on his large motor skills and he was having the time of his life! I got alot on video....YAY!

When it was time to leave, I almost had to sit on top of him to get his shoes back on.  Anyone would have thought I was stealing a kid but the way he was yelling and arcing to get out of my arms. If it wasn't for the security wrist bands, I'm sure I would have been calling a friend for bail money!  After tackling him to get him buckled into his car seat, he calmed down about five minutes later and was almost asleep in another five minutes. He played SO hard and had SO much fun!  It looked like alot of fun to me and I wanted to go on the units but it was posted everywhere, I do mean everywhere, that adults were not allowed on the units. Rats!  Probably a good thing, I don't bounce like I used to and would have probably seriously injured myself :)  I'm sure he'll sleep good tonight.......
~Amy

2 comments:

  1. You keep up your blog so well. I haven't been blogging or reading any blogs for a while--just not enough time so I just read back to July 3rd. So many fun stories. I am so happy to hear that your preschool worked out that great. I can relate to the financial woes--it is hard financially to be a single mother and something always comes up.
    There is so much that it just fun to hear what Christian is all up to and he sounds like he is growing and flourishing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey Joe's ROCKS!! I absolutely LOVE it! It is the one place Zachary will let go of his fears. We love it so much we drove 1.5 hours on Friday to celebrate his 2nd Gotcha Day. We had a blast. I sssoooo wish we had one in our town.

    Oh and because Christian is small you can go on the inflatables. When the staff wasn't looking I bounced just as much as Zachary :-)

    ReplyDelete